www.oruxmaps.com

Android OruxMaps app
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:39 pm 

Suggestion:

I would like to see the sailing dirction of my boat in order to control my leeway.

This means that I want to place my mobile device horizontally in my boat, and Oruxmaps should see from the compass how the device is directed, and should compare the direction with the direction of movement.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:41 am 

Hello,

I've got questions/bugs concerning the appearance of sea marks like tons in different zoom settings.
I've tested with the latest oruxmaps blue and a map of the river mosel in the city koblenz/germany but other german seaways show the same behavior.

1. Online Map "MxM Openseamap & Base Map":
On zoom level 16 I see no sea marks at all.
On zoom level 17 I see some sea marks(red and green tons) but not that yellow ton I see on level 15.
On zoom level 15 I see only a few sea marks like a yellow ton but not the red and green ones from level 17.

2. Downloaded Offline Map:
I downloaded a part of the above online map with the oruxmaps map creator. Zoom levels 10-16.
I can only see some (not all) sea marks on zoom level 16.
Any other zoom level does not show any sea marks.

The drawing of the sea marks is so weird that nautical use is nearly impossible. Can you please fix this?

Greetings,
Zodiac

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:46 am 

Hi,I'm a pilot from China.Yesterday,I test the software onboard with Bluetooth AIS pilot plug,and find that SOG and COG can not indicated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:21 am 

Hello Zodiac,

Did you maybe find a solution for this problem? I have the same problem on my mobile: sea marks are only visible at certain zoom levels. For example I see some green ton at level 15 but not a yellow one, while at level 16 I can see the yellow one but not the green one.

I'm hoping that you found some solution because it would make Oruxmaps very useful while sailing :-)

Kind regards,
Dries

Zodiac wrote:
Hello,

I've got questions/bugs concerning the appearance of sea marks like tons in different zoom settings.
I've tested with the latest oruxmaps blue and a map of the river mosel in the city koblenz/germany but other german seaways show the same behavior.

1. Online Map "MxM Openseamap & Base Map":
On zoom level 16 I see no sea marks at all.
On zoom level 17 I see some sea marks(red and green tons) but not that yellow ton I see on level 15.
On zoom level 15 I see only a few sea marks like a yellow ton but not the red and green ones from level 17.

2. Downloaded Offline Map:
I downloaded a part of the above online map with the oruxmaps map creator. Zoom levels 10-16.
I can only see some (not all) sea marks on zoom level 16.
Any other zoom level does not show any sea marks.

The drawing of the sea marks is so weird that nautical use is nearly impossible. Can you please fix this?

Greetings,
Zodiac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:39 am 

Unfortunality I did not find a solution. As you can see no one replied to my post. I would have expected the author to answer as this is a severe problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 pm 

I think that nautical version has need a big knob "MOB" (man out of board), anchor alarm, and "You are steering a dangerous course!" alarm. Last imposible on a raster maps, but real in a vector.
Also would be great to increase GPS frequency near coast. But this need a vector map too.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:49 pm 

is this version to be continued?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:09 pm 

Helo Orux,

this app for nautical sports seems to be nice. I tried install the beta version 16 but it does not open. It shows a message that says "the aplication has expired, please download the new version", or something like this. Where can I found the new version?

Cheers,
Vinicius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:08 pm 

viniciuspg wrote:
Helo Orux,

this app for nautical sports seems to be nice. I tried install the beta version 16 but it does not open. It shows a message that says "the aplication has expired, please download the new version", or something like this. Where can I found the new version?

Cheers,
Vinicius

Hello, Orux!

I would have used this app too, with a pleasure. Can we expect a working test version soon?

Best regards, Yura

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

yurakdr wrote:
viniciuspg wrote:
Helo Orux,

Cheers,
Vinicius

Hello, Orux!

I would have used this app too, with a pleasure. Can we expect a working test version soon?

Best regards, Yura

Hello;

That version is deprecated;

I will try to add all the features in the main OruxMaps version.

orux