www.oruxmaps.com

Android OruxMaps app
It is currently Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:33 pm 

Hi together,
i did some short tests with 7.0-rc1/2

1. from v6.5 we have the "sidebar", later i could select which items we dont want to see.
in my case "profiles" after update to rc1 i could see "profiles", but "mapsforgetheme" was hidden.
i reconfigured it so "profiles" was hidden agaín. with RC2 same game again.

2. with RC1 i can drag and drop inside the wpt list. with RC2 it looks a bit different. now its like the dashboard controls.
But i am not sure, whats the sense of that possibility.
I could move my favorite WPTs to the top, but when i reopen the list the sorting was not stored.

Later i will check bluetooth and report....

Thanks so far,
Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:41 pm 

eartrumpet wrote:
Christian has already a complete set of multilingual OpenAndroMaps and is just waiting until the two major apps for OAM support it. Right now it's just this bug preventing us from having them released. Could you look into it? Thanks!

Hi Tobias,
can i download the multilingual Version eg from the Alps?

THX,
Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:30 pm 

6745th@web.de wrote:
can i download the multilingual Version eg from the Alps?

As those are not officially released, you have to look yourself :-)
But the ones you can find aren't really up to date and just for testing.

orux wrote:
Hello,

added a per map selector in the new rc2.

how it works:

1.-you can select a language for each mf map in 'map tweaks'.
2.-if you don't select a language for each map, the app will try the language selected in settings->map settings->mapsforge settings.
3.-if you don't select a language for each map, nor a default mapsforge language, the app will try the user default language.

orux

Thanks, that was fast.

Some observations:
- The default option "--" ("local language") is not available. This shows the language in the official language of the country, that would be like hebrew in Israel, arabian in Syria etc.
- settings>maps>Mapsforge settings>Map language should now be called "default map language"
- The new language selector is not available if one only uses the navigation drawer and not the action bar; this could be changed by adding "map tweaks" to the drawer or by adding a button for the button bar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:54 pm 
Site Admin

6745th@web.de wrote:
Hi together,
i did some short tests with 7.0-rc1/2

1. from v6.5 we have the "sidebar", later i could select which items we dont want to see.
in my case "profiles" after update to rc1 i could see "profiles", but "mapsforgetheme" was hidden.
i reconfigured it so "profiles" was hidden agaín. with RC2 same game again.

2. with RC1 i can drag and drop inside the wpt list. with RC2 it looks a bit different. now its like the dashboard controls.
But i am not sure, whats the sense of that possibility.
I could move my favorite WPTs to the top, but when i reopen the list the sorting was not stored.

Later i will check bluetooth and report....

Thanks so far,
Thomas

Hello;

1. I understand that previous settings (which items are visible) are not saved correctly?
2. You can sort selected wptz to create a route with that sequence.

orux

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

eartrumpet wrote:

Some observations:
- The default option "--" ("local language") is not available. This shows the language in the official language of the country, that would be like hebrew in Israel, arabian in Syria etc.
- settings>maps>Mapsforge settings>Map language should now be called "default map language"
- The new language selector is not available if one only uses the navigation drawer and not the action bar; this could be changed by adding "map tweaks" to the drawer or by adding a button for the button bar

- ok
- ok
- you can change the language from navdrawer, under 'Maps' menu you can find 'tweak map' options.

orux

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:22 pm 

orux wrote:
6745th@web.de wrote:
1. I understand that previous settings (which items are visible) are not saved correctly?
2. You can sort selected wptz to create a route with that sequence.
orux

1. Normally they are saved correctly. But after the update to rc1 they have changed. Than it was ok until i updated to rc2.The reason seems to be that you have new item in the menue, or at a different possition. No big problem, it only occurs after an update.
2. Nice!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:49 pm 

orux wrote:
Quercus.JB wrote:
orux wrote:

Buenas,

qué resolución de pantalla tiene?

orux

Hola Orux, esto es lo que pone en el manual: 1,30", 240 x 240 píxeles, 260 ppp pantalla TFT transmisiva. Gracias, saludos. Feliz año

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

Ok, lo reviso; en el emulador con esa configuración parece que funciona, intentaré quitar márgenes para esa pantalla pequeña.

orux

Ok orux, ahora se ve bien. Gracias.

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:57 pm 

Hi Jose,

I just finished the Italian translation. When browsing around to search for some strings I noticed that the button editor doesn't fallback to english when the Italian string is missing (no description is shown). BTW I think that the button editor is cumbersome to use, in a next release it would be nice to use a system similar to the new one used for the dashboard, which seems to work very well (except that a checkbox to only show used controls would be even nicer).

Thanks,
Maki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:42 am 

orux wrote:
- you can change the language from navdrawer, under 'Maps' menu you can find 'tweak map' options.

Oops… thanks, I could swear it wasn't there ; ‐)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:03 pm 

Hello Orux,

I've downloaded and installed version 7-RC2 on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and made a short test. Everything ran smoothly and even the support for OpenAndroMaps worked.

But I observed a critical bug (for my usage of the app): When managing waypoints, tracks or routes the folder selection list was nearly empty - it only contained the entry "---" and all my items were listed in this one folder. A quick check with version 6.5.10 confirmed that everything is still sorted into approx. 30 folders.

I would appreciate if you can fix this bug before releasing.

Thanks,
HikingForFun

P.S.: I use Oruxmaps for a couple of years now for hiking and bike-riding tours. I cannot imagine to start an activity without having your great app activated!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next