ANT+ power sensor

¿Qué te parece la aplicación?
What do you think about OruxMaps?
joergjung

ANT+ power sensor

#1 Post by joergjung » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:09 pm

Oruxmaps is my very much preferred app to track my bike activities. I now plan to use a power sensor in order to collect power data in addition to the ususal cadence and HR data. Is it possible to connect a powermeter (powertap in my case) to Oruxmaps via the ANT+ protocol?

Best regards,

Joerg

orux
Site Admin

Re: ANT+ power sensor

#2 Post by orux » Mon May 12, 2014 4:12 pm

joergjung wrote:Oruxmaps is my very much preferred app to track my bike activities. I now plan to use a power sensor in order to collect power data in addition to the ususal cadence and HR data. Is it possible to connect a powermeter (powertap in my case) to Oruxmaps via the ANT+ protocol?

Best regards,

Joerg
Hi, thanks;

that sensor is a bit complicated, I will try in the future,

orux
Image OruxMaps developer.

joergjung

#3 Post by joergjung » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Dear Orux,

thank you for the implementation of the power sensor. I tested it during my first ride this year and it seemed to work, i.e. the power data were displayed during my tour. However, I was not able to download the data from the Galaxy S5 which I used to collect the data. The gpx file only contained the usual location data, but no power data. What do I need to do to get the data into ecxel or golden cheetah?

Joerg

fabrylama

#4 Post by fabrylama » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:54 pm

Hi Orux, in a few days I'm going to buy an ant+ power meter, I already did some testing and the power data are showed correctly, but without the rolling averages (3, 5, 10, 30 seconds window) data fields, as in the garmin units, it's almost impossible to use oruxmaps with a power meter because the power data in inherently too jumpy.
Thank you again for this amazing app :!: and please consider adding these data fields. Thanks

fabrylama

#5 Post by fabrylama » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:26 pm

up :D

Uli

#6 Post by Uli » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:52 am

I am interested to buy the spanish Rotor InPower 3D powersensor for my bike.
But I will buy only when the data can be shown on Oruxmaps.
Is there anyone who does know or can confirm that?

orux
Site Admin

#7 Post by orux » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 pm

fabrylama wrote:Hi Orux, in a few days I'm going to buy an ant+ power meter, I already did some testing and the power data are showed correctly, but without the rolling averages (3, 5, 10, 30 seconds window) data fields, as in the garmin units, it's almost impossible to use oruxmaps with a power meter because the power data in inherently too jumpy.
Thank you again for this amazing app :!: and please consider adding these data fields. Thanks
hello;

What about the accumulated values?

Please, could you tell us which fields are working fine,

orux

cyclingfun

#8 Post by cyclingfun » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Today I tried Stages Power Meter with Orux and it works OK on my Xperia 3 Compact ( via ANT ) - i see on my dashboard values from Power Meter .

The problem is, as we can read here in post by joergjoung from 03. April 2015 - gpx contain no Power Data.
We need TCX or better FIT file format.

Are there any plans to implements possibility to save track as Fit or Tcx????

potifa

#9 Post by potifa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:05 pm

+1 for this one. Displaying current power is just one side of the coin. I've also recently acquired a power meter and started to use it for indoor training. While it's still winter, soon this will change, and I'll still want to use power data for training analysis. Hence, it would be great if Oruxmaps could offer support for .fit files. I'd very much love to avoid to buy another device which for everything but power analysis would be completely redundant.

orux
Site Admin

#10 Post by orux » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:59 pm

potifa wrote:+1 for this one. Displaying current power is just one side of the coin. I've also recently acquired a power meter and started to use it for indoor training. While it's still winter, soon this will change, and I'll still want to use power data for training analysis. Hence, it would be great if Oruxmaps could offer support for .fit files. I'd very much love to avoid to buy another device which for everything but power analysis would be completely redundant.
Hello,

last beta version adds support to export tracks in FIT, TCX and CSV formats; experimental, not all sensors data available.

orux