www.oruxmaps.com

Android OruxMaps app
It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:56 am

All times are UTC



Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ANT+ power sensor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:49 pm
Posts: 2
Oruxmaps is my very much preferred app to track my bike activities. I now plan to use a power sensor in order to collect power data in addition to the ususal cadence and HR data. Is it possible to connect a powermeter (powertap in my case) to Oruxmaps via the ANT+ protocol?

Best regards,

Joerg


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: ANT+ power sensor
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm
Posts: 1551
joergjung wrote:
Oruxmaps is my very much preferred app to track my bike activities. I now plan to use a power sensor in order to collect power data in addition to the ususal cadence and HR data. Is it possible to connect a powermeter (powertap in my case) to Oruxmaps via the ANT+ protocol?

Best regards,

Joerg


Hi, thanks;

that sensor is a bit complicated, I will try in the future,

orux

_________________
Image OruxMaps developer.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: ANT+ power sensor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:49 pm
Posts: 2
Dear Orux,

thank you for the implementation of the power sensor. I tested it during my first ride this year and it seemed to work, i.e. the power data were displayed during my tour. However, I was not able to download the data from the Galaxy S5 which I used to collect the data. The gpx file only contained the usual location data, but no power data. What do I need to do to get the data into ecxel or golden cheetah?

Joerg


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: ANT+ power sensor
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 49
Hi Orux, in a few days I'm going to buy an ant+ power meter, I already did some testing and the power data are showed correctly, but without the rolling averages (3, 5, 10, 30 seconds window) data fields, as in the garmin units, it's almost impossible to use oruxmaps with a power meter because the power data in inherently too jumpy.
Thank you again for this amazing app :!: and please consider adding these data fields. Thanks


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: ANT+ power sensor
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 49
up :D


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: ANT+ power sensor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:58 am
Posts: 107
I am interested to buy the spanish Rotor InPower 3D powersensor for my bike.
But I will buy only when the data can be shown on Oruxmaps.
Is there anyone who does know or can confirm that?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: ANT+ power sensor
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm
Posts: 1551
fabrylama wrote:
Hi Orux, in a few days I'm going to buy an ant+ power meter, I already did some testing and the power data are showed correctly, but without the rolling averages (3, 5, 10, 30 seconds window) data fields, as in the garmin units, it's almost impossible to use oruxmaps with a power meter because the power data in inherently too jumpy.
Thank you again for this amazing app :!: and please consider adding these data fields. Thanks


hello;


What about the accumulated values?

Please, could you tell us which fields are working fine,



orux

_________________
Image OruxMaps developer.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: ANT+ power sensor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:12 pm
Posts: 3
Today I tried Stages Power Meter with Orux and it works OK on my Xperia 3 Compact ( via ANT ) - i see on my dashboard values from Power Meter .

The problem is, as we can read here in post by joergjoung from 03. April 2015 - gpx contain no Power Data.
We need TCX or better FIT file format.

Are there any plans to implements possibility to save track as Fit or Tcx????


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: ANT+ power sensor
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:59 pm
Posts: 1
+1 for this one. Displaying current power is just one side of the coin. I've also recently acquired a power meter and started to use it for indoor training. While it's still winter, soon this will change, and I'll still want to use power data for training analysis. Hence, it would be great if Oruxmaps could offer support for .fit files. I'd very much love to avoid to buy another device which for everything but power analysis would be completely redundant.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: ANT+ power sensor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm
Posts: 1551
potifa wrote:
+1 for this one. Displaying current power is just one side of the coin. I've also recently acquired a power meter and started to use it for indoor training. While it's still winter, soon this will change, and I'll still want to use power data for training analysis. Hence, it would be great if Oruxmaps could offer support for .fit files. I'd very much love to avoid to buy another device which for everything but power analysis would be completely redundant.


Hello,

last beta version adds support to export tracks in FIT, TCX and CSV formats; experimental, not all sensors data available.


orux

_________________
Image OruxMaps developer.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited